Avocado and tomato bruschetta
Skill level: Easy peasy
These rustic bruschetta snacks make great finger food at a party or they're delicious served at a lovely Mediterranean-style family lunch.
- 1 ready-to-bake ciabatta
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g (9oz) cherry plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
Top tip: Don't forget to drizzle with lemon juice for extra flavour - it also stops the mixture turning brown.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Trim the ends off the ciabatta then cut it into 16 slices. Brush each side lightly with 2tbsp olive oil and place on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with the tomatoes and a little seasoning. Spread on a baking sheet and cook for 10 mins or until the tomatoes are softened.
- Peel, stone and dice the avocado and toss on the lemon juice to avoid browning.
- Spoon the tomatoes on the baked bread. Top with the avocado and rocket and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.