Iced coffee soufflé
- 1tbsp good-quality instant coffee granules or powder
- 30g (1oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces, plus a little extra, grated, to decorate
- 1tbsp brandy or dark rum
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 142ml (¼pt) pot double cream
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
You can keep these desserts in the freezer for up to one month.
- Put the coffee, 1tbsp of hot water and the chocolate in a small bowl and microwave on full power for 30 seconds, or melt over a pan of simmering water. Add the brandy or rum and stir to make a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl, whisk the cream in another bowl and whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a third large bowl until thick and creamy.
- To the third bowl, add the chocolate sauce and mix well, then fold in the cream. Lastly, fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into six small ramekins or eight espresso-size cups or glasses. Freeze for about 4 hours.
- To serve, take out of the freezer 10 mins before serving and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 164(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.