Lamb meatballs in tomato sauce
You could make these meatballs with ground beef instead of lamb if you prefer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 anchovies, chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 50g breadcrumbs
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 680g tomato sauce
- Gently fry the red onion in the oil, until softened.
- Add the anchovies and cook for a minute. Set aside to cool.
- Put the mince in a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and the cooled onion mixture. Season. Mix together with your hands and shape into meatballs. Chill until needed.
- Heat the oil and fry the meatballs for 5 minutes until brown all over. Add to the tomato sauce and cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan shavings, some parsley and plenty of pasta or crusty bread for dipping.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.