Classic cheesy potato bake
Costs: Cheap as chips
Want to put a smile on everyone's faces in less than half an hour? This classic comfort food is very easy to make
- 1 onion, sliced
- 800g potatoes
- 2 x 80g packs sliced salami, chopped
- 100g (4oz) Gruyère cheese, grated, plus extra for sprinkling
- 150g (5oz) soft cheese (eg Brie)
- 142ml carton single cream
Give this bake a kick by adding 2tsp wholegrain mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Peel and thickly slice the potatoes and parboil in salted water for 5 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the onion in a little oil and add the salami to warm through. Layer the potatoes with the onion, salami and cheeses in an ovenproof dish, seasoning each layer.
- Pour over the cream, scatter over the extra Gruyère and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden. Serve with a green salad or green beans.