Superfood salmon stir-fry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Whether you’re after a super quick week night meal or something special you can whip up for you lunches this week, why not try this super easy but really healthy recipe? If you’re trying to eat healthily, picking a stir fry for dinner or lunch is the easiest way to get you on your way to eating better – this delicious stir fry is packed with healthy vegetables and salmon to provide you with plenty of nutrients. Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for you hair, skin and nails as well as keeping your heart healthy. There are also plenty of vegetables in this recipe, including vitamin packed green beans and healthy fat filled avocados. Broccoli, spinach and tomatoes also provide another source of vitamins in this delicious dish. This delicious quick and easy stir-fry has heart-boosting and cancer-fighting superfoods in it. What's not to love?
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned and sliced
- 150g (6oz) broccoli
- 100g (4oz) green beans, top and tailed
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 6 cherry plum tomatoes, halved
- 150g (6oz) baby spinach
- 50g (2oz) walnut halves
This dish is rich in vitamin D, which may help slow the effects of ageing.
- To make your superfood recipe, mix together the orange juice, honey and soy sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large wok. Add the broccoli and stir fry for 2 mins, add the salmon and beans and stir-fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and continue to cook, keeping all the ingredients moving, for a further 2 mins. The vegetables should still retain some crunch.
- Add the orange dressing and heat for 1 further minute. Serve immediately with freshly cooked noodles.