Lemon meringue ices
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons (6-7tbsp)
- 500g (18oz) tub thick Greek yogurt
- 150ml (¼ pint) double cream
- 1 heaped tsp good-quality lemon curd per person, to serve
- 1 meringue shell per person, to serve
If you prefer, you can add broken meringue to the ice-cream mixture - 45g is enough. Serve in scoops and drizzle with lemon curd.
- Whisk the sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add the yogurt and cream. Spoon into a plastic container. Freeze for a few hours until slushy. Mix well and freeze, then mix again and freeze.
- To make up, spoon the ice-cream mixture into a metal cooking ring or cutter (about 6.5cm/2¾ in in diameter) on a piece of greaseproof paper to make a round about 2.5cm (1in) high. Shape as many as you need, putting them on a tray and returning them to the freezer quickly to firm up. This can be done the day before serving.
- To serve, place each ice-cream round on a chilled plate. Spoon lemon curd over, then place a meringue on top and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 197(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.