Stuffed mushroom burgers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
We've included bacon in our stuffed mushroom burgers but, if you're vegetarian, they work just as well without.
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, cut into pieces
- 8 large flat mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 4tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 100g (4oz) goat's cheese
- 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into quarters
- 250g packet mixed salad leaves
- 1tsp chopped rosemary
For extra flavour, try using blue cheese instead of goat's cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Fry the bacon until it's just beginning to crisp, remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and fill each of them with pesto, bacon and goat's cheese. Cook in the oven for 5-10 mins until the cheese is beginning to melt.
- Toast the ciabatta quarters and top with salad leaves, mushrooms and rosemary.