Cranberry and almond cheesecake
This so-simple-to-make cheesecake is full of melt-in-the-mouth flavours. A guaranteed people-pleaser
For the base and topping:
- 90g (3oz) butter, melted
- 250g (9oz) packet amaretti biscuits, crushed
For the filling:
- 11.7g (½ oz) sachet powdered gelatine
- 50g (1¾ oz) caster sugar
- 310g (11oz) jar cranberry sauce
- 2 x 200g (7oz) cartons cream cheese
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 2tbsp amaretto
- 20cm (8in) spring-clip round tin, lined with baking parchment
This cheesecake isn't suitable for home-freezing - so you'll need to eat it all up as soon as possible.
- To make the base, stir the butter into the crushed amaretti biscuits. Reserve about a quarter of the mixture and spread the rest over the base of the lined tin. Press it down well and chill while making the topping.
- To make the topping, pour 4tbsp water into a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Leave the gelatine to sponge for few minutes and then melt it, either in a microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- Stir the caster sugar into cranberry sauce. Beat together the cream cheese and egg yolks, then beat in the cranberry sauce and amaretto and fold in the melted gelatine mixture. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and then sprinkle the reserved biscuit mixture on top. Chill the cheesecake for at least four hours, or until firm, before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 454(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.