Cranberry and port sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some sweet cranberry sauce to go alongside your turkey. Try this easy recipe - the port adds something a bit different too.
- 250g (8oz) cranberries
- 100g (3½ oz) caster sugar
- Zested rind of 1 orange, plus 4tbsp juice
- 4tbsp port
Cranberry sauce can be made days in advance and kept covered in the fridge until needed.
- Put cranberries, sugar, orange rind and juice into a saucepan, stir over a gentle heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 8-10 mins until cranberries are soft and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the port.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 70(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.