Gluten and dairy-free date and pecan brownies
- 150g (5oz) good-quality (70% cocoa solids) dark chocolate
- 150g (5oz) dairy-free spread
- 2 medium eggs
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 90g (3oz) gluten-free plain flour
- 60g (2oz) dates, chopped
- 100g (3½ oz) pecan nuts, chopped
- 18cm (7in) shallow square cake tin, lined with baking parchment
You can serve these brownies warm, as a pudding, or cold, as a tea-time treat.
- Set the oven to moderate, gas 4 or 180°C. Break the chocolate into squares and melt in a bowl in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water. Beat in the dairy-free spread.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and foamy. Stir in the chocolate mixture then the flour, dates and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and level the top. Bake for 30-35 mins until just set in the middle.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack. Cut into 16 small squares.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 201(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.