Succulent chicken pieces with a sweet and tangy glaze. This is easy to cook in big batches, making it perfect for parties. Be sure there are plenty of napkins at the ready though.
- 12 chicken wings or 12 drumsticks, or a mixture of both
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
For the glaze:
- 2tbsp each of soy sauce, tomato ketchup and honey
- 2tsp coarse-grained mustard (optional)
If you want to cook cocktail sausages alongside, add these to the roasting tin when you're glazing the chicken for the last 20-25 mins of cooking.
- To start this chicken wing recipe set the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Put the chicken pieces in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil and cook for 15 mins.
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients together (including the mustard, if using). Spoon glaze over the chicken to coat it well. Cook for another 15-20 mins for wings and 25 mins for drumsticks.
- Remove the chicken from the tin and scrape the juices into a small pan. Bring to the boil and reduce for a few minutes until thickened and sticky, then pour or brush over the hot chicken.
- Serve hot or cold. If serving cold, cook the day before. This dish is best not reheated. Not suitable for freezing.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 140(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.