Parmesan chicken escalopes
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Parmesan adds a tang to the breadcrumbs for a healthier, tastier alternative to shop-bought escalopes. Turkey breasts work just as well.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 100ml (4fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 200g (8oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 250g (10oz) spaghetti
- 75g (3oz) grated Parmesan cheese
Top tip: Use a large pan and plenty of water for cooking spaghetti - it's important that the pasta can move around during cooking.
- Place the chicken breasts in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until 1cm thick.
- Mix the egg with the milk and season.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan, thyme and black pepper. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then the breadcrumbs, and fry for 3-4 mins on each side. Cook spaghetti as directed on pack.
- Serve the escalopes with spaghetti and top with Parmesan shavings.
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine