Ginger oat flapjacks
Flapjacks are the perfect snack while you put your feet up and enjoy a cup of tea. The oats also provide slow-release energy to keep you going
- 250g (8oz) butter
- 200g (7oz) demerara sugar
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 250g (8oz) rolled oats
- 90g (3oz) jumbo oats
- 3tbsp chopped ginger in syrup
To make your flapjacks a little more luxurious, drizzle melted chocolate over them when they come out of the oven.
- Set the oven to warm, 160°C (325°F, gas mark 3). Melt the butter over a gentle heat, then stir in the sugar and golden syrup until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rolled oats, jumbo oats and ginger, mixing well. Spread the mixture evenly into a buttered 26 x 16.5cm (10¼ x 6½ in) tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-40 mins. Leave the flapjack to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into fingers. Then leave in the tin to cool completely before removing.
- Pack into a freezer-proof container, cover and seal, and freeze for up to three months. Allow to defrost for a few hours before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 353(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.