Chunky potato chips with Roquefort dip
- 1kg (2lb) potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
For the roquefort dip:
- 100g (4oz) packet Roquefort cheese
- 200ml (7fl oz) carton crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives, to garnish
If you don't have any Roquefort, you can use Gorgonzola or good old British Stilton instead. Not suitable for freezing.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 mins, then drain the wedges well. Pour the oil over the potato wedges and sprinkle over the salt.
- Cook the wedges on the grill for about 10 mins, turning once until they are golden.
- To make the dip: Crumble the cheese into a bowl and then beat in the crème fraîche. Stir in the chives and season well with pepper. Keep the dip chilled until ready to serve. Stir the dip just before serving, and garnish with some snipped chives.
- Serve the dip in a small bowl on a plate with the chips around it.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 380(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.