Skill level: Easy peasy
The herby, chilli-laced homemade guacamole in these chicken fajitas make them really special - plus they're so easy to make.
For the vegetables:
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 30g (1oz) sachet of fajita seasoning
For the guacamole:
- 2 medium avocados, de-stoned and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, grated
Top tip: Make some extra and enjoy them as a tasty alternative to a sandwich, or a lovely lunchbox treat.
- To prepare the vegetables: Place the onions and red peppers on a piece of thick foil and drizzle over the olive oil. Fold the edges of the foil up and seal to form a parcel. Place the parcel on the grill for about 15-20 mins, or until the vegetables have softened, turning it occasionally.
- To prepare the chicken: Flatten the breasts out to about twice the original size. Dust the seasoning mix over all the surfaces of the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill for 7-8 mins each side, or until completely cooked through.
- To make the guacamole: Chop the avocados and mash slightly, then stir in the lime juice, chopped chillies and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is cooked, cut it into strips.
- To heat the tortillas, place them on the grill for about 20-30 secs on each side. Place some vegetables in a row in the centre of the tortilla, add some strips of chicken on top, then add some guacamole, sour cream and a little grated cheese. Roll the tortilla up and eat immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 333(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.