Rosemary lamb burgers with mango salsa
For the burgers:
- 500g (1lb) minced lamb1 level tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the salsa:
- 1 mango, stoned and peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Zested rind and juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 4 seeded rolls, or chunks of bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To make the burgers: Mix together the lamb and rosemary with plenty of seasoning. Shape the mixture into 4 oval or round burgers, to fit the shape of the bread rolls. Chill the burgers until ready to cook.
- To make the salsa: Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl, season and cover. Leave for at least 15 mins before serving to allow flavours to blend.
- Cook the burgers for 10-15 mins, turning them once. Cut the rolls or bread in half and brush the oil over the cut surfaces. Place cut-side down on the grill for 2-3 mins.
- Place a cooked burger on one half of a roll or chunk of bread, top with salsa and then cover with the other roll half.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 443(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.