Strawberry ice cream
Prep time:(Plus freezing time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This easy ice cream dessert takes just 15 minutes to prepare (no machine needed) has a unique custard flavour that blends perfectly with the fresh strawberries
- 1kg (2lb) strawberries
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 500ml (17fl oz) carton ready-made chilled custard
- 284ml (½ pint) carton double cream
This ice-cream is delicious served with buttery shortbread biscuits.
- Purée the strawberries with the caster sugar and then fold in the custard.
- Lightly whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks and then fold in the strawberry and custard mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer container and freeze until it is half-set, then transfer the mixture to a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Pour it back into the freezer container and freeze until solid.