Cherry and chocolate muffins
Cooking time:(may need an extra 3 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Enjoy the smell and taste of freshly baked chocolate and seasonal cherries muffins with this quick and easy recipe
- 300g (10oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 90g (3oz) caster sugar
- 150g bar plain chocolate
- 250g (8oz) cherries, stoned and halved
- 250ml (8fl oz) milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 12-hole muffin tray, lined with paper cases
Pack in plastic containers and freeze for up to three months. To defrost, remove from the freezer and take out of the container. Leave to defrost for at least 4 hrs, then warm through in a hot oven before serving.
- Set the oven to fairly hot, 200°C (400F°C, gas mark 6). Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the caster sugar, plain chocolate (cut into chunks) and cherries.
- Lightly beat together the milk, eggs and oil, and stir into the dry ingredients. Spoon this mixture into the paper cases in the pockets of the muffin tray.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-18 mins, or until the muffins have risen and are a light-golden colour and feel firm to the touch when lightly pressed in the centre. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cook completely. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 249(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.