Microwave Christmas pudding
Cooking time:Cook for 2½ mins, leave to stand for another 2½ mins, then cook for a further 2½ mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Give tradition a helping hand with this quick and easy version of the classic pud. Your microwave Christmas pudding can be made on the day and takes just 5 minutes to cook! It's also gluten and dairy-free
- 40g (1½ oz) gluten-free plain flour
- 30g (10z) ground hazelnuts
- 60g (2oz) dark brown sugar
- 20g (¾ oz) egg replacement powder
- ¼ tsp each ground mixed spice and cinnamon
- 40g (1½ oz) dairy-free spread
- 175g (6oz) mixed dried fruit
- 30g (1oz) apple, peeled, cored and chopped, optional
- ½ lemon, finely grated rind and 2tbsp juice
- 1tsp golden syrup
- 1tsp gravy browning
- 2tbsp brandy
- 6tbsp soya milk
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- ¾ litre (1¼ pint) pudding basin greased and a disc of greaseproof paper placed in the bottom
Serve with Soya Dream - a dairy-free alternative to single cream.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Spoon into the pudding basin.
- Cover loosely with a piece of greaseproof paper.
- Microwave on high (calculated for an 800 watt oven) for 2½ mins and leave to stand for another 2½ mins, then cook for a further 2½ mins.
- Remove the paper. The pudding won't look fully cooked in the middle, so leave it to stand for 5 mins before turning it out and serving, dusted with icing sugar. Not suitable for freezing.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 405(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.