Sunshine chunky pasta
Costs: Cheap as chips
A colourful treat, this pasta dish will become a firm family favourite.
- 300g dried pasta twists
- 4 rashers lean unsmoked back bacon
- 200g baby carrots, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 200g runner beans, trimmed and sliced
- 200g peas
- 200g broccoli, trimmed into small florets
- 3tbsp red pesto sauce
Look for the Red Tractor logo in your supermarket. It guarantees that food has been farmed and produced to high standards.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 15 mins or until the pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon until crisp and cut into small pieces. Place a steamer above a saucepan of boiling water and steam the carrots and runner beans for 10 mins, then add the peas and broccoli for a further 5 mins.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan, add the pesto sauce and 2tbsp water and heat through for 2 mins.
- Arrange the carrots around four plates. Mix the remaining vegetables and the bacon with the pasta and spoon onto plates.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 382(kcal)
- Fat 11.7g
- Sugars 9.0g
- Salt 0.9g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.