Crispy chicken nuggets
Costs: Cheap as chips
A deliciously healthy version of the favourite kids' meal
- 2 Maris piper potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 225g breadcrumbs
- 200g green beans, steamed
Look for the Red Tractor logo at your supermarket. It guarantees that food has been produced to high standards.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Cut the potatoes into long wedges and place on a non stick baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly. Cook for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into thin strips and dip in the beaten egg.
- Dip the chicken into the cheese and then breadcrumbs. Arrange on a non-stick baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Serve the chicken with the wedges, green beans and a little tub of tomato sauce for dipping.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 496(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Sugars 2.9g
- Salt 1.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.