BBQ sweetcorn with lime and chilli butter
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Transform your corn on the cob with this BBQ sweetcorn with lime and chilli butter recipe. Marinate and cook within just 25 mins for the perfect side dish for your BBQ spread. Zesty lime and chilli butter helps baste the sweetcorn cobs in their foil parcels while they cook on the barbecue. Dried chilli flakes give the corn an extra kick. This recipe serves 2 people but can be adjusted if you're feeding more people. Both medium or large sweetcorn work perfectly for this recipe.
- 2 sweetcorn cobs, husk and tassels removed
- 25g (1oz) unsalted butter
- Zest of ½ lime
- 1tsp lime juice
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- A pinch of dried crushed chillies
- Freshly ground black pepper
Sweetcorn is tender when a kernel can be easily removed from the cob.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Soften the butter and stir in the other ingredients until well combined.
- Place each sweetcorn cob on 2 layers of foil and spread the cobs generously with the herb butter. Roll up ensuring the parcels are sealed.
- Cook the foil parcels on a grid over the hot coals for 12-15 minutes turning occasionally, until the sweetcorn is tender.