Spiced roast cod with beef tomatoes
Juicy tomatoes and tender fish make a great combination in this simple dish that's ready in under half an hour.
- 4 thick pieces skinless cod loin
- 15ml (1tbsp) hot spice seasoning rub, or see top tip
- 30ml (2tbsp) lemon juice
- 4 beef tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 10ml (2tsp) olive oil
- Lemon wedges and rocket leaves, to garnish
Make your own hot spice rub by blending 5ml (1tsp) each paprika, ground coriander, cumin and crushed chillies with freshly ground black pepper and coarse sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Place the cod pieces on a non-stick baking tray. Press the seasoning rub over the cod and sprinkle with half the lemon juice. Roast for 15-20 mins.
- Place the tomatoes on another non-stick tray and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and roast in the oven for 10-15 mins until just tender.
- Serve the tomatoes on four plates and top with the cod. Sprinkle over the rest of the lemon juice, garnish with lemon wedges and rocket leaves.