Pasta with peas and pesto chicken
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
With just 5 mins prep and 15 mins cooking time, this speedy chicken pasta makes a brilliant weeknight family meal.
- 300g dried pasta (farfalle, penne or similar)
- 250g frozen peas
- 400g chicken breast, diced into 2cm pieces
- 1tbsp vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 3tbsp red pesto
- 2tbsp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for 10 mins, until the pasta is almost ready, then add the frozen peas. Bring back to the boil, cook for 1 min, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken pieces. Saute over a medium heat for 5-6 mins, stirring regularly, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. Add the pesto and cook for a further minute.
- Add the pesto chicken into the drained pasta and peas, mix well and season to taste. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve in bowls, with warm crusty bread.