Peppered tuna with warm bean salad
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 45ml (3tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 x 300g cans cannellini beans, drained
- 60ml (4tbsp) fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Juice from one lemon
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Brush the tuna steaks with some of the olive oil and season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little sea salt. Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle pan until very hot and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the red onion for 3-4 mins. Stir in the beans, parsley and lemon juice and cook for a further 1-2 mins until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the bean salad between four serving plates and top with the tuna steaks. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges.