Brussels sprouts with honey and mustard
Brussels sprouts with honey and mustard is a deliciously different way to cook your sprouts and tastes especially good served with pan-fried steak. You might like to try adding chopped almonds just before serving to give it a bit of crunch. Honey and mustard are such a fab flavour combo - sweet and savoury is always a good match and goes really well with the sprouts here for something extra special. Plus, you can even enjoy them on Christmas day alongside the other trimmings.
- 500g (18oz) Brussels sprouts
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 300ml (1/2pt) vegetable stock
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp clear honey
If you don't like a strong taste, blanch the sprouts in boiling water for 2 minutes and then run under cold water before cooking in the vegetable stock, but reduce the final cooking time.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the Brussels sprouts and fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully pour in the vegetable stock and stir in the mustard and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in the honey and serve immediately.