Roasted tomato stuffed mushrooms
These roasted tomato stuffed mushrooms make a really simple but filling dinner for the family. They take minutes to prepare and just 15 minutes to cook!
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4 large flat or portabello mushrooms
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 British Classic tomatoes, sliced
- 150g (5oz) goats cheese, sliced
- 4 sprigs British Cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1tbsp chopped fresh oregano or marjoram
- Pre-heat the oven 190º C, 375º F, Gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms, cap side down, for 3 minutes. Transfer to a roasting tin, cap side up, and drizzle over any remaining oil. Sprinkle mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes in the mushroom caps, then top with the sliced cheese. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven, top each mushroom with a sprig of 3 cherry tomatoes and the chopped oregano.
- Drizzle over a little extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Return to the oven and roast for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately.