Butter bean and tomato pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Butter beans and smoky bacon are the perfect mix in this super-quick-to-prepare pasta dish
- 3 rashers smoked back bacon, fat removed
- 350g carton fresh tomato sauce
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 350g (12oz) dried orecchiette or shell pasta shapes
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
You could use a ready-made jar of tomato sauce. We like Seeds Of Change's Organic Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce.
- Grill or dry-fry the bacon until crisp, then cut into small pieces using kitchen scissors.
- Heat the tomato sauce and butter beans in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then stir through the hot sauce, along with the bacon and parsley. Serve at once.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 425(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.