Roasted leeks and carrots
Skill level: Easy peasy
Try our recipe for roasted leeks and carrots with thyme and honey. This easy recipe shows you how to roast leeks to perfection. It's a great side dish. These roasted carrots with leeks, thyme and honey, are the perfect vegetable dish for a cold winter's day. We love roasting vegetables in this dressing of wine, butter and honey. The glaze coats them in a delicious stickiness which makes the roasted carrots and leeks perfectly sweet but still packed full of vitamins and fibre - essential for your family to get their five a day! The addition of the thyme means that these carrots and leeks are a guaranteed people-pleaser. This recipe serves 6 people and will take around 50 mins to prepare and cook.
- 6 carrots
- 3 leeks
- 15g (½ oz) unsalted butter
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to season
Don't fancy carrots or leeks? You can try this recipe with parsnips, too.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Peel the carrots and leeks. Cut into big chunks and place in a large baking tray.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter over the vegetables. Add the dry white wine, honey and 4 sprigs fresh thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, then stir well to combine.
- Roast for 40 mins, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and charred around the edges.
If you want to make traditional carrots, try our recipe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 86(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.