Scallop, bacon and lambís lettuce salad
Scallops are delicately sweet and really simple to cook. The saltiness of the bacon provides a wonderful contrast
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 18 scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10g (ľ oz) unsalted butter
- 120g (4Ĺ oz) lambís lettuce
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Buying fresh scallops? Give them a good sniff! They should taste like the sea, not strong and fishy.
- Preheat the grill to high. Arrange the bacon rashers in a single layer on a baking sheet and grill for 5 to 6 mins, or until crisp. Once theyíre cool enough to handle, break the rashers into large pieces.
- Dry the scallops on kitchen paper and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over a high heat. Add the butter and, once it has melted, add the scallops and cook for 1 min each top and bottom.
- Divide the lambís lettuce, seared scallops and pieces of bacon between six plates. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 160(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.