This quick-to-prepare salmon salad is packed with health-boosting ingredients that taste fantastic, too
- 750g (1lb 10oz) new potatoes, halved
- 100g (4oz) green beans, trimmed and halved
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp capers
- 25g (1oz) small black olives
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 x 150g (5oz) pieces salmon fillet, skinned
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 small tomatoes, halved
Fresh tuna or swordfish steaks will also work well in this dish instead of salmon. Use a good quality virgin olive oil for the dressing.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water for about 20 mins until just tender, adding the green beans for the last 3-4 mins cooking time. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and mustard. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour half the dressing over the potatoes and beans. Add the capers and black olives and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs for 4-5 mins, drain and cool under cold running water.
- Season the salmon with ground black pepper. Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick pan and fry the fillets for 3-4 mins each side until just cooked through.
- Break the salmon into chunks and add to the salad with the tomatoes. Gently toss and divide between four plates. Shell the eggs, cut into quarters and add to the salads. Pour over the rest of the dressing and serve.