Sweet potato and courgette couscous
This hearty vegetarian dish is made extra-sweet thanks to a generous spoonful of honey. Delicious!
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1tsp salt
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 1tbsp honey
- 1 cup couscous, to serve
For added spice, mix ½ tsp each of cinnamon and cumin into the couscous.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until soft. Add the vegetables, cumin, cinnamon and salt, and stir until the vegetables are coated in the spices.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato purée and honey and enough water to just cover the vegetables. Stir, then cover and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Serve the stew ladled over the couscous.