Skill level: Easy peasy
These fruity muffins are perfect for packed lunches, picnics and parties. Kids will love making them, too
- 300g (10½ oz) self-raising flour
- 60ml (4tbsp) sunflower oil
- 100g (3½ oz) caster sugar
- 225ml (8fl oz) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (3½ oz) luxury mixed dried fruit (such as blueberries, cherries and cranberries)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
These muffins contain enough dried fruit to count towards one portion of your 5-a-day.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4).
- Line 12 muffin tins with muffin cases. Mix the flour, oil and sugar together in a bowl. Then add the milk, eggs and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add half the dried fruit and fill each muffin case three-quarters full with the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining fruit and cook for 25 mins or until well risen and firm. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.