Skill level: Easy peasy
This fragrant, fishy pasta salad dish is full of fabulous flavour - and only takes 30 minutes to prepare
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 50g can anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 x 440g cans plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 55g (2oz) capers, rinsed well
- 115g (4oz) pitted olives, chopped
- 200g can tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- Handful basil leaves, chopped
- 350g (12oz) dried pasta shapes, such as gigli
- 115g (4oz) half-fat mozzarella, to serve (optional)
If you're not keen on the strong taste of anchovies, you can just leave them out - this dish will still taste great.
- Gently heat the oil in a saucepan with the garlic and chilli for 1 min.
- Add the anchovies, tomatoes, capers, olives and tuna. Simmer slowly for 20-25 mins or until thickened. Stir in the basil, turn off the heat and season with black pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and add to the sauce with 1tbsp cooking water. Mix well and serve with a little mozzarella, if using.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 506(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.