Courgette and pesto pasta
- 2-3 courgettes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 300g (10½ oz) spaghetti
- 3tbsp fresh green pesto
- Parmesan shavings (or vegetarian alternative)
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, torn, to serve
Top tip: Don't fancy spaghetti? Any pasta will taste great with this recipe - so just pick your favourite.
- Coarsely grate the courgettes and put to one side. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 5 mins or until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Add the courgettes to the onion and fry for 2-3 mins or until soft.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the courgettes, onion and fresh pesto, and toss through. Season to taste and serve with the Parmesan shavings and basil leaves sprinkled on top.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 411(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.