Easy raspberry muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These lovely, easy raspberry muffins are oh-so-simple to make - and the best thing is the kids will love helping you make them!
- 250g (9oz) plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 100g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 75g (3oz) butter, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 175ml (6fl oz) milk
- 150g (5oz) fresh raspberries
- Extra sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Top tip: Add other fruit to this basic recipe: blueberries, chopped dried apricots, mashed ripe bananas or diced apples all taste great.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF, gas mark 6). Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar. Coarsely grate the chilled butter into the bowl and stir with a fork to coat in the flour mixture.
- Beat together the egg and milk then pour into the bowl. Mix lightly with a fork until just combined. Take care not to over-beat the mixture - it should still be a little lumpy. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon into the muffin cases. Bake for 20-25 mins until the muffins are risen and golden. Sprinkle lightly with a little extra sugar while still warm.