Steak and broccoli tagliatelle
Skill level: Easy peasy
This super-tasty pasta dish is rich in iron and vitamins - and it's ready in just 15 minutes. Brilliant!
- 175g (6oz) small broccoli florets
- 400g (14oz) tagliatelle
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and cut into short lengths
- 400g (14oz) stir-fry beef strips
- 100g (4oz) brown cap mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 2tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Lean steak is an excellent source of iron and is low in fat. If you can't find packs of ready-cut stir-fry strips then buy flash-fry steaks, trim off excess fat and cut into strips.
- Place the broccoli florets in a steamer or metal colander and steam over a pan of simmering water for 4-5 mins until just tender. At the same time, cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions until just cooked.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan until almost smoking. Add the spring onions and stir-fry for 1-2 mins then add the steak strips and sliced mushrooms and stir-fry, stirring continuously over a high heat until the steak is just browned.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the steamed broccoli and the parsley. Toss gently to mix together and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.