This spicy, flavoursome family meal is sure to please everyone - and it's ready in just half an hour
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Mixed spices (¼ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp ground ginger, 2 pinches cayenne pepper)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 200g packet basmati rice
- 450ml packet Knorr Simply Stock chicken stock, heated
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
This family version of jambalaya isn't too hot, but if you like a little more kick, serve with a dash of hot pepper sauce.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion, pepper and spices until soft.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins. Pour in the rice and stir well to coat the grains. Add the hot chicken stock and season.
- Stir and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 15-20 mins or until all the stock has been absorbed. Serve straight away with the chopped parsley stirred through.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 419(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.