Thai marinated lamb
A deliciously tangy marinade transforms lamb fillets into a Thai-style feast in just 20 minutes
- 12 shallots, sliced
- 150g (5½ oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sprigs of fresh mint and coriander
- 450g (1lb) lamb fillets
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice and a little zest of 1 lime
- 2tbsp chopped roasted peanuts, to garnish
This dish tastes perfect served with prawn crackers and a noodle salad dressed with lime.
- Mix together the shallots, tomatoes, mint and coriander and spoon on to four plates.
- Grill the lamb for 10 mins, turning once, or until cooked through. Slice the meat and place it on top of the salad.
- Make the dressing by mixing together all of the remaining ingredients, then drizzle over the lamb. Garnish with the roasted peanuts and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 244(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.