Ham and cheese tart
Skill level: Easy peasy
Tangy Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses ensure this simple savoury tart is packed with flavour. Tuck in!
- 375g packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 5 eggs
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 85g (3oz) Gruyère and Parmesan, grated
- 2tsp grain mustard
- 115g (4oz) ham, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crisp green salad, to serve
Be careful not to overfill the pastry case with the egg mixture or it will spill over while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Unwrap the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into a circle and trim away the edges. Score a border about 2cm (¾ in) in from the edge.
- Lightly beat one egg and use to brush the pastry. Bake for 10-15 mins, then remove. Turn down the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4).
- Mix the four remaining eggs with the rest of the ingredients (except the parsley) and season well. Push the puffed-up pastry down in the centre and pour the egg mixture into the pastry case.
- Return to the oven and cook for 15 mins or until set. Scatter over the parsley and serve with the salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 810(kcal)
- Fat 65.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.