Spicy mango chicken
Skill level: Easy peasy
The contrast of fresh mango, juicy chicken and tangy spices turns this quick Indian recipe into a flavoursome treat
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 4tbsp mango chutney
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 white pitta breads
- 100g packet baby leaf salad
We used Geeta's Premium Mango Chutney (available from Sainsbury's). It's packed with juicy mango and spices, so has a really good flavour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until golden all over. Add the garlic, chilli and cumin seeds and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the mango chutney and chunks of mango and cook for 1 min (it might be easier to do this in two batches).
- Warm the pitta breads under the grill, leave to cool slightly, then split and fill with the mango chicken and the salad leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 416(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.