Chicken pasta with cabbage and bacon
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin on)
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 250g (9oz) penne pasta
- 150g (5½ oz) streaky bacon, sliced
- ½ Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 10 spring onions, thickly sliced
- 3 sprigs tarragon
Top tip: Use chicken fillets with skin still on, as this will ensure they are juicy and full of flavour when cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Season the chicken and drizzle with half the oil. Roast the meat, skin side up, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Fry the bacon in the remaining oil until crisp, then add the cabbage and spring onions and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the bacon, vegetables, tarragon and chicken juices. Serve with the chicken on top.
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 500(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.