Cheese and courgette frittata
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Courgettes and goat's cheese make a super-tasty pairing in this quick-to-prepare frittata. Perfect for a light lunch.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 150g (5½ oz) goat's cheese
- 20g packet chives, finely chopped
Top tip: Make the frittata with your favourite veg (red pepper is good) and try substituting the goat's cheese with feta cheese, if preferred.
- Pre-heat the grill to high. Heat 2tbsp of the oil in a medium-sized frying pan and fry the onion for 5 mins. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, goat's cheese and half of the chives, and cook slowly on a low heat for 6-8 mins.
- Finish under the grill until the egg has set. Turn the frittata out on to a plate and serve straightaway with a chive oil made by whizzing the remaining oil and chives together with a handheld blender.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 370(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.