Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Making guacamole at home is not as hard as you might think. The classic Mexican dip is so much tastier if you make it yourself and our easy guacamole recipe will show you how. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare and it's so easy, plus it makes a delicious dip to share at a party. Mash avocados with tomatoes, lime and coriander. You can make it as chunky or as smooth as you like - it's up to you!
Avocados not ripe enough? Put them in a paper bag with an apple or tomato - and store at room temperature. They'll soon ripen. Believe us - it works!
- 1 ripe avocado
- drizzle of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ fresh chilli, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scrape the flesh into a bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and mash with a fork - you want to keep it chunky, rather than smooth.
- Add the lime juice and stir so that it comes together. Add the chilli, red onion and tomato, then stir in the chopped coriander. Mix well, then check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover the surface of the guacamole dip with clingfilm to prevent discolouration and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.