Roasted vegetable loaf
Prep time:' standing time
A cunning alternative to cooking with pastry, this delicious loaf works as a main course - and brilliantly in a buffet
- 1 x 400g (14oz) round loaf
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
- 400g can pimentos, drained and quartered
- ½ x 340g jar roasted artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- ½ x 330g jar roasted
- Mushrooms in oil, drained
- 150g (5oz) mozzarella, drained and finely sliced
Don't forget to use the bread you cut out to make breadcrumbs.
- Remove the top from the loaf and cut out the centre, leaving a solid shell.
- Brush the insides and the top with pesto. Layer the vegetables with mozzarella slices. Replace the top, wrap in clingfilm and place on a plate with another plate on top. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the plates and clingfilm and slice.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 390(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.