Herby artichoke mash
Don't be put off by the rather unusual appearance of artichokes! They're easy to prepare and have a wonderfully nutty flavour that combines very well with potatoes
- 500g (18oz) Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and diced
- 400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To prevent artichokes going brown, immerse them in water with a dash of lemon juice immediately after preparing.
- Cook the artichokes and potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Drain and mash well.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and parsley and season to taste.