Sweet chilli pork with noodles
Skill level: Easy peasy
Succulent pork takes pride of place in this easy-to-prepare noodle dish that's perfect for a flavoursome meal-for-two.
- 1-2 sheets of medium egg noodles
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g (9oz) pork tenderloin, thickly sliced
- 2tbsp Belazu Smoked Chilli Jelly
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 2tbsp Tamari or Japanese soy sauce
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick strips
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Why pork tenderloin? It's a small lean fillet of meat that comes from beneath the backbone of the pork loin - and it's deliciously sweet to taste.
- Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 mins or according to the packet instructions. Drain in a colander under cold, running water, then toss in a little oil to prevent it sticking and set aside.
- Heat a large wok, add the remaining oil and cook the pork on both sides until browned. Add the chilli jelly, stir well, then add the coconut milk and tamari or soy sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the pepper, carrots and noodles, stir well and heat through for 3-4 mins. Divide between two bowls, scatter over the coriander and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 486(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.