Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Try our delicious healthy wholemeal pancakes recipe which is lower in fat than your usual pancake. Wholemeal foods keeps you fuller for longer - and by using semi-skimmed milk you can enjoy Pancake Day without feeling guilty. This recipe makes 8 regular sized pancakes and will take only 10 mins to cook up a batch. They're a great alternative to your regular pancake mix, especially if you're trying to be healthy. It takes only 3 ingredients to make these pancakes too which means they're so easy to make, even the kids could join in. If you think you're going to be in a bit of a rush before you want to serve these then simply make them up ahead of time, they reheat beautifully and nobody will be able to tell the difference. We think the best way to serve up wholemeal pancakes is with homemade compote and fresh berries to make them extra delicious!
- 125g (4½ oz) wholemeal flour
- 1 medium egg
- 300ml (½ pt) semi-skimmed milk
To serve, spoon some berry compote onto each wholemeal pancake, roll up and add a spoonful of yogurt.
- To start making your pancake recipe, place the flour in a large bowl, mix in the egg and gradually whisk in the milk to give a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan and add a little of the batter to cover the base thinly.
- Cook the pancake for 1 min until golden, turn and cook for 30 seconds.
- Repeat to make 8 pancakes and then use the tip to fill your pancake.