Chocolate mocha pots
- 600ml (1pt) double cream
- 50g (2oz) coffee beans
- 2tsp instant coffee granules
- 100g (4oz) dark chocolate
- 6 large egg yolks
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- Crème fraîche or whipped cream and 6 chocolate coffee beans, to serve
You will need:
- 6 ramekins or espresso cups
Espresso cups are an easy way to serve a dessert and they help keep the portion size down.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F, gas mark 2). Place the double cream in a saucepan and heat gently. Roast the coffee beans in a frying pan for 2 mins to draw out the flavour, then add to the cream.
- When the cream is hot, but not boiling, remove from the heat, add the instant coffee granules and chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar and a pinch of salt and then gradually whisk in the warm coffee cream. Strain, discard the beans and divide among the six ramekins or espresso cups.
- Put them into a roasting tin and pour in boiling water, just enough to cover them halfway up. Cover with foil and cook for 35 mins. The chocolate should be just set, with a slight wobble in the middle. Remove from the water bath and chill in the fridge for a few hours. Spoon on crème fraîche or cream and top with a chocolate coffee bean and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 617(kcal)
- Fat 56.0g
- Saturates 33.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.