Forest fruits parfait
Prep time:plus 8 hrs freezing
Skill level: Bit of effort
This super-refreshing dessert mixes a creamy parfait with forest fruits and spices. It's simple to make - but looks very impressive.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Black Forest fruits
- 4 egg yolks
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 1 x 284ml pot double cream
For the compote:
- 250g (9oz) frozen Black Forest fruits
- 50ml (2fl oz) cassis liqueur
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1tbsp caster sugar
You will need:
- 450g (1lb) loaf tin, lined with clingfilm
Top tip: The parfait will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Freeze it in its mould and wrap in foil.
- Put the 500g (1lb 2oz) fruits in a saucepan and heat through. Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and sugar with an electric hand whisk over a saucepan of simmering water until pale, fluffy and at least doubled in volume.
- Purée half the cooked fruits, add into the egg mixture and cool. Whisk the cream until just holding its shape, fold in fruit mixture and remaining whole fruits. Pour into the mould and cover with clingfilm. Freeze for 8 hrs. Soften in the fridge for an hour before slicing.
- To make the compote, heat the fruits, cassis, cinnamon, cloves and sugar, then cool. Remove cinnamon and cloves and serve with the parfait.